Pages

Saturday 1 December 2007

The Firefly Story

The stone was cold. The sky was black and the mood-weird...

My level of endurance to fight sleep was reaching its threshold level. However, it was impossible to fall asleep in a place where people were cracking the worst jokes in the Universe(believe me! I certify them!), where the ground was hard and which was also the residence to a zillion mosquitoes.

It was then that I saw them. A bunch of them hovering in the cold and harsh autumn air-FIREFLIES! Contrary to the weather, they filled me with hope and joy. They did, however, seem a little weird. Since I was at my sleepy best, my power of observation was highly questionable. So, I really did not persist on trying to find out the peculiarity of this observation.

I was extremely fascinated by them; awed by their refulgence, their ability to produce their own light. To me, it felt like independence.

I was forced to draw an analogy with happiness. Happiness is right there...within you. You just need to realise it. And spread it like the firefly's light...

"If only I could be like one of them!", I exclaimed. Suddenly I heard someone ask me,"Why on earth do you want to be like an aeroplane??"

I say it's all a matter of perspective...

8 comments:

Bakarbaaz said...

Hahahhaha!!!!!!
None of this justifies you going "firefly" at 6 in the evening when we were out on a walk.

So fireflies and airplanes very appropriately defines your lack of sanity and the complete balderdash that you are capable of.

Wowe.

nerdyberdy said...

woweness!
haha,..that was like the highlight of the morning.
I swear, I was almost asleep,...till you said that!

carapace said...

woman u reigned supreme that night...on stage and in the stadium...
ur existence gives me hope for humanity my child....

Kaushik said...

Second line: "its", not "it's". It's is a contraction of it is, where as "its" denotes possession.

You are turning into a proper MA student.

Good job.

Kaushik

Uttara said...

@Kogi
Correction made

Kaushik said...

Read The Gorie Storie. Part 12 Of 0 is on my blog. Then leave comments.

Kaushik

Prakash said...

well its high time you realise the need to wear spectacles!

Lollipop said...

Haha, you make it sound so good. Bottom line, you called an aeroplane a firefly. Need i say more?