Pages

Friday 14 November 2008

Don't...

Don't worry about the lies told
They were said by the lawyers.
Don’t worry about the laws
They were made by the revolutionaries.
Don’t worry about the money
It was stolen by the thieves.
Don’t worry about the promises
They were made by the politicians.
Don’t worry about the system
It was made by the defective.
Don’t worry about the consequences
They were made by the unimportant.
Don’t worry about the protocols
They were made by the impotent.
Don’t worry about respect
It was made by the egotists.
Don’t worry about discipline
It was made by the unruly.
Don’t worry about deadlines
They were created by the tardy.
Don’t worry about commitments
They are made by the forgetful.
Don’t worry about the principles
They were made by the immoral.
Don’t worry about fulfilling dreams
They were made by the failures.
Don’t worry about loyalty
It was made by the insecure.
Don’t cry over broken hearts
They can be mended with Fevicol.

19 comments:

Bakarbaaz said...

I can see a lot of depth in this!!
Guess am just reading too much into it .

carapace said...

munkeshwar!

very nice poem! especially the bit about fevicol! (i only wish it were that easy)

and i am glad nonsense munky is back. she is much more fun. :) :P

nerdyberdy said...

Why do I feel like I don't tell you I love you enough? :P
<3
I'm not worried, and my heart's not broken. I promise to ask you for fevicol if it ever happens.

Anonymous said...

:-). Lovely. I can't say I agree with a lot of the build up (though Nonsensical Munky Googles fixes all of that), but I loved the climax. Hi5

@Carapace: Munkeshwar is the most awesome of nick names for Munky I've heard yet. If only I had brownies, I'd give 'em to you. Unfortunately, all I have are these non-redeemable brownie points.

Mokke alert:
I lol, you lol, we all lol over Fevicol

Lollipop said...

Fevicol rulz \m/

@slinky
"we all lol over fevicol." brilliant.

Boo said...

Neat! \m/

and yeah 'Munkeshwar''s neater! :P

Lovneet said...

if its true, then ill need a carton of fevicol :D
munkeshwar is stud but m still stuck on santi :P

Vigi said...

moral - don't worry be happy

i guess not...

Shivraj said...

clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap


the poem sounds a little rhetorical
but very brilliant

carapace said...

@slinky

i want brownies!

@jhopdi
munkeshwar is MUCH better than santi. The munkeshwar also agrees with me.

@all

thank you, thank you.

Uttara said...

@Dadi,
Does that imply that I am incapable of writing deep stuff?

@Sooper,
Munkeshwar? Well, yeah, The Munkeshwar sounds quite cool. \m/
And thank you. :)

@Banshee,
Aww, I'll fix yours with Feviqwik. Okay?

@Schlunkerboo,
Lol Lol Lol.

@Popskee,
You make me sound like a salesgirl for Fevicol!?!

@Manchy,
Thanks. And start using some more adjectives. :P

@Jhopdi,
NOOOOOOOO!

@Bigyo Prakash Dattatreya,
I did not get your point.

@Arbit,
Thanks! *Bows*
But rhetoric in what sense?

Felicity said...

Profound.
Or am I reading too much into it?
:P
And Mankeshwar is an awesome name.
Carapace deserves a standing ovation.

And the Death of the author never happens in your writing, does it?
:)

Uttara said...

Ammu,
It is Munkeshwar.
And am I not capable of writing 'profound' stuff?
Thanks :)

Mike said...

Too much dude

Its like big emo buildup and a nonsensical end
What does munkeshwar really wanna say.....

I guess i need to ask The Fooballer poet for fundaes

Uttara said...

@Mikey,
The point is: Don't be emo. If you are, then you'll cup OR.

Kaushik said...

This is known as anticlimax - a device of which I am very fond.

Uttara said...

Does that mean, you liked the post?

carapace said...

"Don’t worry about the money
They were stolen by the thieves."

This sounds wrong.

Uttara said...

Oops, yup. I've made the correction.