Pages

Sunday 1 June 2008

The Hour-glass has already turned

I open the rusted mail box,
Hoping for a familiar hand writing.
It is empty.
I pick up the receiver,
To hear those old voices.
It is silent.
I flip through old photographs,
To sense the happiness in those smiles.
They are torn.
I wear those old clothes,
To feel the colours of the past.
They have faded.
I open a fresh leaf,
To immortalise those memories.
I cannot bring them back.
Sigh. The hour-glass has already turned.
P.S 1st November, 2008: Weirdly, this post reminds me of 'Will you remember' by The Cranberries.

9 comments:

Bakarbaaz said...

awwwwwwwwww papaaaaa!!!
*hugs*
P.s. your bully will be there always.... :)

Arun Chaganty said...

Most of my clothes were faded. I had to buy new ones. Now I'm fading these. :-)

ramya said...

hmmn......

Sitting by the window,
I open the my inner mind,
To recollect the memories,
The happy ones and the sad ones,
From all the nooks and corners.
The droplets of the first rain,
The fragrance of the wet mud,
The lighting and thunder,
The areca-nut trees around, so tall and sleek,
The chirping of insects,
The bite from the leech,
The echoes from the hills,
The stories from granny,
The pranks I played,
The mischievous grin,
The innocent smiles,
The games I played around in muddy ground,
The fighting with siblings and pals,
The stage where I danced,
The swing on which I soared,
The punishments for chattering in class,
The tantalizing childhood,
The letters from my friends far away,
The album full of cherished images.

Sigh. I cannot bring them back.
The hour-glass has already turned.

But yes, they bring me joy,
They give me new life,
A new turn to the stagnant life,
A new ray of hope when the sun sets,
With fresh mind and lot of enthusiasm I start the new life :)

(slightly modified version from www.teredamana.blogspot.com )

Vigi said...

haha
what a depressing poem!

carapace said...

why so depressed child?? not to worry, i shall always be your liebe mutter, even 10 years from now. :)

Boo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Boo said...

Sanity And Balderash.

Sticking to the name..Neat-O! :D

Leela said...

Beautifully worded.

Uttara said...

@All,
Thanks!