Pages

Thursday 28 February 2008

The Journey

Walking down the well trodden road,
I realised I was not alone.
Yet there was no company
As my journey had started alone.
A question seemed to pass by me,
"Will the destination be alone?"
People passed by me
Into the unknown future space.
I continued my journey.
Still wondering and gazing
At the sky.
First, the green canopy
Then, the cotton clouds,
Shrouded the pristine blue.
Was that my destiny?
I continued my journey.
There stood a majestic mirror.
Aged, proud and dirty,
I stood in front of it.
My world faced me.
I dusted the smooth surface,
And there was Reality.
The much sought Truth.
I had brought the wrong map.

9 comments:

Arun Krishnan said...

nice ideas...very well presented!

Bakarbaaz said...

I am the destiny- great spirit...
way to go munky

nerdyberdy said...

If this is what it takes to cheer you up, then I'm all for self-realisation and philosophizing about it. Personally I don't think I'm ready to learn about myself.
Maybe that long journey is needed to appreciate your self-worth at the end of it.
Are we on the same page?

Arun Chaganty said...

Nicely written indeed. I particularly like the old mirror. I think it has feelings, and wants a bath.

Sorry, slightly more existential then I can possibly handle right now, given my crashy state. Is it just me or do all solitary walks result in philsophizing?

Vigi said...

nicely done
the questions one has to deal with at a personal level as life goes on

nice touch with the mirror which has a personality...

Kaushik said...

Hmmk.

Kaushik

carapace said...

I have already discussed this with you at length, so you know my views already.
But, very well written!

Felicity said...

Very nice style. Loved the last line.

carapace said...

something that struck me- the poem seems to be influenced by existentialist overtones.